zaterdag 16 maart 2024

Head Space

 

 

The space in my head,
it bursts at the seams,
it wants to be fed
with all kinds of dreams.

The dark, scary thoughts
driven by fear
take more than their share.
Get back to the rear!

My head space is precious.
I won't just allow
every thought to run wild
while my heart's forced to bow.

No, my head space is dear
and I'll fill it with things,
with beauty and joy
and dreams that take wings.

The space in my head,
loud as can be,
though often quite noisy
has helped me to see

that I can decide
which thoughts fill my head
at the end of the day
when I'm lying in bed.

Yes, I have the power
to think of the ways
my life can bring joy
for all of my days.

My life is my own
to shape and to hold
and to decide
just how I'll grow old.

So I'll make a vow
that springs from my heart:
To stay true to myself
and remain young at heart,

To teach my mind
that there's plenty of space
for so much good
in this life to embrace.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten