zaterdag 23 maart 2024

Ode to Autumn



Where gold-crested tree tops 
meet crisp Autumn blue sky,
the wind, in all her grandeur
awakens my soul, delights my eye

 as myriad leaves swirl
and dance to the ground.
The last summer's crickets 
display a sweet sound

telling of long, hot days gone,
cooler ones to come.
"The turn of seasons"
beats like a drum!
 
Though change now comes swiftly, 
there's nothing to fear.
But it's hard to let go 
of the things I hold dear.

Yet, I do so love Autumn,
her sweet smells and colours!
I can trust in the process of
long-wilted flowers

who once, filled with fragrance,
delighted my days
on long Summer evenings
with late Summer rays.

Though now dead and gone, 
their scents still survive.
Death is never final.
New life will revive
 
what once lie in slumber,
a soul tucked away,
waiting to feel safe
and embrace the warmth of day.
 
Though Spring is still a long way off,
and I miss her bright, new ways,
I'm glad for rest and coziness
on Autumn's colder days.

This ancient rhythm of death and life,
Autumn's magic spell,
puts my soul at quiet ease,
reminds me, all is well.






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten